Are you looking for a guidance and information on your health and wellness? Well look no further. Several education and wellness services will be provided at the St. Mary’s Good Samaritan Heart Expo and Health Fair on Saturday, May 4 at the Holiday Inn in Mt. Vernon.
In addition to the many educational opportunities offered free of charge, attendees may receive free screenings and health assessments, including blood pressure screenings, memory screenings, body mass index calculations, a diabetes risk test, sleep screenings and take-home colon cancer tests.
Also, heart risk profile lab work will be offered for $30 per person. This deeply discounted profile will consist of measurements in cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL, LDL, VLDL, a cholesterol/HDL ratio, a thyroid function test (TSH), a complete blood count (CBC) and a comprehensive metabolic panel.
To reduce wait times, those wishing to attend the Heart Expo and Health Fair are asked to pre-register at least 48 hours prior to the event by calling (888)257-6098 or by visiting smgsi.com and clicking on the on-line event registration. Pre-registration is offered 24 hours a day, seven days a week and will allow attendees to have paperwork completed and ready for a signature upon arrival.
“The Heart Expo and Health Fair allows residents from Southern Illinois access to a wealth of information on a wide array of health topics, especially heart health and its relationship to other health factors,” said Victoria Woodrow, Director of Marketing/Public Relations for St. Mary’s Good Samaritan. “Also, there are free screenings to determine the health of attendees, as well as a $30 heart risk profile that is being offered at a reduced.”
The event runs from 8am - 11am at the Holiday Inn in Mt. Vernon. Among the education and wellness services offered free of charge at the event are:
· Open Heart Surgery & Endovascular Surgery
· SMGSMG Neurology - Information on “Heart Attack/Stroke Attack - Go to ER Immediately”
· Shake the Salt Habit
· Lymphedema and You
· Cardiac Cath Lab - Heart Care, Stenting & Symptoms/Signs of Heart Attack
· SSM Home Care & Hospice
· Diabetes Self-Management Education
· Hospitalist & Geriatric Programs
· Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Services
· Advance Directives and End of Life Decisions - POA Witnessing Available
· Pet Therapy
· Connections Educational Series: Become a Member
· Yoga & You
· Sleep Apnea: Diagnosis & Treatment
· Electronic Health Record is Coming!
· Breast Imaging Center: Mammograms
FREE SCREENINGS AND HEALTH ASSESSMENTS:
• Memory Screenings
• Spirometry Screenings
• Grip Strength Screenings
• Blood Pressure Testing
• Diabetes Risk Test
• Good Samaritan Plaza Pharmacy: Education & Medication Review
For more information or to pre-register for blood work, call (888)257-6098 or visit smgsi.com for fast easy on-line registration.